ACI Mentored Install – Brownfield Migration
ACI Mentored Service – Brownfield Migration
- To maximise success for customers and partners, Cisco has introduced the mentor program to provide guidance and assistance for authorised Cisco ACI Customers and Partners.
- ACI will represent a new skill set for most networking professionals. The program acts as a transition mechanism and pathway for skill growth of internal resources.
- A mentored engagement for first-time ACI deployments is highly recommended by Cisco.
- Housley is the only Cisco-approved mentor for APJ outside of Cisco Advanced Services.
Housley ACI Mentored services
- Housley will interact with the customer/partner to support the deployment of ACI
- The customer/partner will retain control of the project/engagement
- Delivery of first ACI solution to customers, with confidence and reduced risk
- Early access to ACI experience and expertise
- Shorter time to market for ACI capability and services
- Fast-track time for staff up-skilling on critical path for project deployment
- Reduced time to deploy – allowing resources to move on to other projects
- Potential cost reduction due to lower problem-solving time
- Build internal ACI knowledge through field experience
The Channel Partner should ensure that all necessary equipment is racked, stacked, cabled, and powered-up prior to the kick-off. The customer should have the necessary software licenses.
Project Kickoff Overall Architecture Review
- Perform project overview
- Gather customer requirements
- Outline Interaction to any existing network infrastructure
- Outline High Level:
- ADC Interaction
- Security Interaction
- Compute Interaction
- Storage Interaction
- Hypervisor Interaction
- Configuration of any devices other than ACI is out of scope, however these other technologies must be discussed to appropriately plan the ACI design
Solution Design ACI Planning
- Propose ACI design solution
- Develop Design document which includes use case topology diagram, logical design.
- Perform initial APIC Initialization configuration
- Prepare and deploy device configuration templates for APICs
- ACI Administration ACI Fabric Access Policies Define:
- Attachable Entity Profiles
- Interface Policies
- Interface Selectors
- ACI Tenancy Model
- L3 Out Model
- Management Tenant
- Named Tenant
Migration with Application Performance Optimization
- Migrate physical and virtual hosts into the fabric
- Move SVIs from legacy network into ACI
- Troubleshooting and additional DR verification (if required)
- Define Application Modeling
- Application Planning on dependency mapping to deploy ANP/EPG as required with L4-7 device package/service graphs in scope
- Define Networking of BD, subnets, VRFs, and L3 outs
- Contracts for inter dependencies
- L4-7 Services scope
Security and VM Manager Integration
- Determine if L2 firewall/IPS integration is in scope
- L4-7 device package/service graphs in scope
- Customer to configure security devices as recommended by ACI design
- Discuss vCenter or another Hypervisor integration
- Outline overall vCenter Architecture- single or multiple vCenters, etc.
- Outline AEP configuration as required
- Determine security domain association for vCenter domains
- Document vCenter Credentials
Acceptance Tests and Scale Considerations
- Preparation and execution of testing for configured functionalities.
- Discuss potential scale of contracts, L3 outs, total prefix/endpoints
- Discuss distribution of resources across leafs to enhance scale
- Explain to the customer/partner how to configure and manage the solution in their environment