Cisco Workload Optimization Manager Workshop (CWOM1)
CWOM provides Application Resource Management (ARM), assuring application performance by taking preventative actions to ensure infrastructure is optimized for application demand.
During this 1-days instructor-led Training participants will get familiar with user interface, learn how to perform administrative tasks, how to use Cisco Workload Optimization Manager (ver 2.3) to optimize and automate workload placements in real time on a Cisco data centre solutions to keep the environment running in an optimized state. Students can also learn how to use CWOM to plan migration to Hybrid Cloud.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand what is CWOM and how it adds value to your data centre
- Understand how to use CWOM to optimize workload in private
- Understand how to leverage the intelligent analytics and automation to converge your environment towards a desired state in which performance is assured
- Understand CWOM real-time decision engine that adjusts infrastructure resources and workload placement in response to fluctuations in workload demand
- Understand how to fine tune your CWOM interface, perform administrative tasks and prepare customized reports
This course is intended for data centre professionals, Solution architects, Operations engineers, Business process engineers.
The knowledge and skills that a participant must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Data centre background
- Knowledge of compute, storage, and networking
- Understanding of enterprise environments and IT challenges
Module 1: Data Centre Challenges
Module 2: CWOM Technology Overview
- What is Cisco Workload Optimization Manager?
- How does CWOM work?
Module 3: CWOM Administrative Overview
- CWOM GUI Overview
- CWOM Administrative Tasks
- CWOM Dashboards and Reports
Module 4: Capacity and upgrade planning
- Use CWOM to model infrastructure and workload growth scenarios
Module 5: Migration Planning
- Create a migration plan for hybrid cloud.
- Introducing CWOM User Interface
- Performing CWOM Administrative Tasks
- Setting Up Custom Dashboard Views and Creating Reports
- Capacity and upgrade planning
- Migration planning – Demo