HX Mentored Install – VDI (VMWare Horizon)
HX Mentored Service – VDI (VMWare Horizon)
- To maximise success for customers and partners, Cisco has introduced the mentor program to provide guidance and assistance for authorised Cisco Hyperflex (HX) Customers and Partners.
- HX will represent a new skill set for most networking professionals. The program acts as a transition mechanism and pathway for skill growth of internal resources.
- A mentored engagement for first-time HX deployments is highly recommended by Cisco.
- Housley is the only Cisco-approved mentor for APJ outside of Cisco Advanced Services.
Housley HX Mentored services
- Housley will interact with the customer/partner to support the deployment of HX
- The customer/partner will retain control of the project/engagement
- Delivery of first HX solution to customers, with confidence and reduced risk
- Early access to HX experience and expertise
- Shorter time to market for HX capability and services
- Fast-track time for staff up-skilling on critical path for project deployment
- Reduced time to deploy – allowing resources to move on to other projects
- Potential cost reduction due to lower problem-solving time
- Build internal HX knowledge through field experience
The Channel Partner should ensure that all necessary equipment is racked, stacked, cabled, and powered-up prior to the kick-off. The customer should upgrade the network devices to the required software version. The customer should have the necessary Cisco HyperFlex, Cisco Intersight, and VMWare Horizon software licenses.
- Conduct project overview
- Gather customer requirements
- Present HX architecture and components
- Discuss system requirements, Pre-Install checklist, and pre-requisites
- Review and validate Pre-Install Checklist
- Confirm hardware and system pre-requisites
- Networking requirements discussion and planning
- Upgrade software
- Install and deploy Cisco HX Data Platform Installer
- Configure UCS Manager and HX Nodes
- Create HX Cluster
- Cisco Intersight Overview
- Configuration and Discovery of HX Devices
VDI (VMWare) Deployment
- Deploy VMWare View Agent
- Install Horizon View Connection Server (up to 500 Virtual Desktops)
- Create User Profile
- Provision VDI using Horizon View
- Datastore Provisioning
- VM Snapshot and Cloning
- Provisioning virtual server
- Validate HX Connect reachability
Next Steps: Call Housley for a detailed discussion on your HX VDI (VMWare Horizon) Deployment.