Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS) v1.0 is a newly created five-day instructor-led training course that is part of the curriculum path leading to the Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security) certification. Additionally, it is designed to prepare security engineers with the knowledge and hands-on experience to prepare them to configure Cisco perimeter edge security solutions utilizing Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, and Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Firewalls. The goal of the course is to provide students with foundational knowledge and the capabilities to implement and managed security on Cisco ASA firewalls, Cisco Routers with the firewall feature set, and Cisco Switches. The student will gain hands-on experience with configuring various perimeter security solutions for mitigating outside threats and securing network zones. At the end of the course, students will be able to reduce the risk to their IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and Router security appliance feature and provide detailed operations support for these products.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
- Understand Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec
- Implement data, control and management plane security controls
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot NAT features on Cisco ASA and on Cisco IOS Software routers
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot threat controls on Cisco ASA
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot threat controls on Cisco IOS Software routers